Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mike Sibley Art Workshop in West Yellowstone!

In just a few short days I will be in West Yellowstone, Montana for two workshops given by Mike Sibley!

I’ve known Mike since 2005 when I became familiar with his work via Art Papa. He is the moderator for the animal and wildlife forum there. He does absolutely wonderful, realistic, graphite pencil drawings and is the author of Drawing from Line to Life. If you don’t have this book I would urge you to order it – it is well worth the money. Mike is also designer and webmaster of my website.
Although I’ve know Mike since 2005, I have never met him in person since he lives in England and I live in Texas! Also taking the workshops will be some of my fellow artists/friends from Art Papa so it will really be fun – kind of like a family reunion of sorts.

Needless to say, I’m so excited about attending Mike's workshops and the opportunity to learn from him, finally meeting him in person, meeting my artist/friends, and being able to see a bit of Montana! Unfortunately, I won’t have a lot of free time to sightsee but plan on putting my cameras to good use when and where I can for reference pictures.

So for now I’ll be out of pocket but I’ll have lots to share I’m sure when I get back!

2 comments:

Marsha Robinett said...

Karen, I'm envious...I expect lots of photos and stories when you return. Have a great time and bring home lots of tips and techniques.

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Marsha - no photos yet - still sorting. I had a great time though - Yellowstone is beautiful!