Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Limestone - Original Pastel Landscape Study



Limestone
7" x 5" (17.8cm x 12.7cm)
Pastel on Velour
$50 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



Gosh is seems like ages ago, but it was only weekend before last, that my girlfriend and I went to the YO Ranch in the hill country of Texas for a private tour. It is an exotic game ranch and I was able to get all kinds of pictures of exotic animals but didn't feel quite up to tackling one just yet. I did, however, want to paint something and decided on this limestone outcropping of rock. The colors were beautiful. I just did a quick sketch to "get back in the swing of things." I was trying to keep it loose - I think I need to do more landscapes.

Psalm 40:2
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely Karen! What an unusual rock formation.

CandynRA said...

Looks nice, Karen...I like the colors in the rock, too. You did a great job bring them out.

I also read the last post you did about your boss's passing and looked at the drawings you did of Buddy Holly and the two doggies. Great job! Your skill was surely to have been a blessing to him.

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Shelia - we have a lot of this kind of rock formations in Texas - pretty cool though.

CandyRN - thank you. I'm glad you like this one.

I appreciate what you said about the drawings I did for my boss too ;-)

Carolina said...

I like the colors, Karen, vegetation, outcrop and sky. Nice!

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Carolina thank you so much - always nice to have you visit.