Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Rose By Any Other Name. . . Original Pastel

A Rose By Any Other Name. . .
5" x 7" Pastel on Velour
I'm trying my hand at roses again. The photo reference I used for this was taken by my friend Genevieve. Thanks Genevieve!
I find sometimes, as much as I love pastels, it is hard to get the translucent quality I want when painting flowers but I'm pleased with the way this little rose study turned out.
Psalm 38:9
Lord, all my desire is before You; And my sighing is not hidden from You.

8 comments:

Holly Zemak said...

Lovely rose, the touches of blue and green around the edges set off the color nicely.

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks Holly - you do flowers so well so your comment means a lot to me.

Jennie Norris said...

I love the colors in this, Lovely!

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks Jennie - I appreciate it very much. Thanks for dropping in too;-)

artbyakiko said...

What a beautiful rose with soft petals! Thank you Karen for visiting my blog. :)

Karen Hargett said...

Thank you Akiko! I appreciate your comments and I love visiting your blog!

Carolina said...

I like this rose, and the background, it's a wonderful complement; a beautiful piece ...
Best regards,
Carolina

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks Carolina. This is one of those pieces that I think looks better in person than on line.