Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Chicken Wall Door


I've been playing for the last couple of days!
I've had this panel from a solid wood door and part of an old door knob. I've been wanting to do something with it for a long time but wasn't sure just what. Then with the arrival of my Susan Winget calendar for my kitchen I figured out what it was I wanted to do.
I painted the outside border with the Cherry Cobbler red that is on the bottom cabinets in my kitchen. Then sketched out my chickens. I used acrylic paints to paint the chickens and the vine around the border. The chickens aren't that detailed - not like my usual work - which works for what I wanted.
I took a bit of the paint I was using and wiped it over the door knob plate because the old paint that was left on it didn't go with my colors at all. It has a neat look to it now. I was unsure as how to secure the knob itself but used some of that epoxy putty that Billy Mayes advertised on TV - it works!
I like my new Chicken Wall Door and had a whole lot of fun working on it! Now to clean up my mess ;-)
John 1:14 (New International Version)
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen I love it!!

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks Toni - it was a lot of fun to do and now I'm really enjoying it in my kitchen ;-)