Sunday, May 16, 2010

Riding on The Clouds - Original Pastel


Riding on the Clouds
9" x 12" (22.9cm x 30.5cm)
Pastels on Velour
$200 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.
This was inspired when I was at church this last Wednesday when we were praising and worshiping the Lord.  We were singing  "These are the Days of Elijah" - one of my favorites.  As we were singing I felt this image come to me when we sang the words "Behold He Comes Riding On The Clouds."  It felt like a lightening flash - in fact it kind of jolted me and I sat down right quick, got out my small sketchbook that I keep in my purse, and wrote down what I was feeling and what I saw, singing all the while.   The image in my mind was almost as fleeting as a lightening flash but I've tried to hold on to it the best that I could.  I've been working on it since Wednesday, making sketches of what I "saw" and trying to "see" how to finish it. I started it last night and put the finishing touches on it today. It was rather hard to scan and looks better in real life but I'm pleased with it.

I hope you will click on the You Tube link of Paul Wilber singing "These are the Days of Elijah" - it is powerful!

Revelation 19:11-14 (New International Version)
The Rider on the White Horse

11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It has a really lovely atmosphere Karen, very soft and peaceful.

Ginny said...

I really love your white horse. It's beautiful.

Carolina said...

A very powerful vision. Thanks for sharing the process...
Carolina

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Sam - thanks so much!

Hey Ginny - long time no see ;-) Thank you.

Carolina - thank you - it was a neat experience and fun process to get the final painting.

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Wow, this is stunning. Great imagination and a great idea neautifully executed. I love the latest lion as well - you're very talented.

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks so much Caroline - your comments are appreciated so much and thanks for visiting!