Friday, September 11, 2020

Spent Roses

Spent Roses   
8" X 10" Pastel on Velour
$100 for Original; $35 for Giclee Print

I took the photo reference for this pastel years ago in my backyard and finally decided it was time to do it.  The roses had already bloomed and were beautiful but at this point they were "spent."  They hadn't really lost their beauty in my eyes - just in a different stage of beauty.  

It has been a while since I've done anything but animal and people portraits but I found it was a nice change of pace.  Also, the pastel is a little "looser" than normal for me but I like the way that it turned out.  

I may have to try this again soon!  What do you think? 

You may purchase this or any other original pastel or print on my website at karenhargettfineart.com or  Feel free to email me for other inquiries as well.


Matthew 11:28 ~ King James Version
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful tribute to the end of the roses. More is always good…..

Karen Hargett said...

Thank you Jo! I love roses - even the spent ones. Thanks for the encouragement!