Saturday, July 24, 2010

Red Poppies - Original Pastel


Red Poppies
5" x 7" (12.7cm x 17.8cm)
Pastels on Velour
$75 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.
I have such a hard time painting flowers but I saw a beautiful photo of some poppies by Patricia Chute on Facebook and asked her if she would mind if I used her photo as a reference picture.  She graciously said yes. Thank you Patricia!

So here they are. They are OK - not as beautiful as the photo but they are OK.  I really should paint flowers more and not make them the first thing I paint after not painting for  a week or so since I'm always rusty after a break.


Psalm 112:5 (New International Version)
5 Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

9 comments:

John said...

Simply beautiful! Aloha from Hawaii-John

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas

Butterfly Works said...

What a beautiful painting....
You are so talented and your blog is beautiful....

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Karen Hargett said...

Sorry I haven't responded earlier - I don't know where the time has gone - thank you John, Mike, Butterfly Works and Joven for your comments - all are appreciated!

SnickerBug said...

Wow, I want to be a painter when I grow up....You paintings are beautiful. God has blessed you with such a talent!

Karen Hargett said...

Thank you SnickerBug - I want to be a painter when I grow up too ;-) Seriously though - thank you and yes God has blessed me and I thank Him for my talent.

rug man said...

Beautiful paintings, love Precious Boy and the Lord is my Sheppard. If only i had the money to buy. Maybe at christmas, who knows.

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks Rug Man! Christmas will be here before you know it ;-)