First I must thank Marsha Robinett
- she so graciously presented me with the Kreativ Blogger
award in August. I'm just sorry it has taken me so long to post and pass it along.
Marsha is a wonderful graphite and watercolor artist – if you haven’t seen her work and read her blog you are missing out! Marsha’s art in itself is inspiring but her blog will definitely inspire you to do more, write more, paint more, draw more, look more, pray more, celebrate more and be thankful more. She has definitely been an inspiration to me since I’ve known her.
According to the “rules” I need to list seven things about myself. This is probably why I have put it off for so long – but here goes:
- I didn’t learn how to ride a horse until I was 40 much less own one – now I don’t know what I’d do without one.
- I frosted my hair for many, many years until one day I wondered why it was getting to be so light when I’d frost it – duh! I don’t need to frost my hair anymore at all – nature has done a fine job of it and I love it!
- I love listening to horses eat – it is such a soothing sound to walk through a barn full of horses and listen to there chewing. I only have one but still love the sound.
- I was born in San Antonio, Texas but I’ve lived in Scotland, the Philippines, Hawaii, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Fort Worth, Texas and some of the surrounding North Texas area before moving back to Central Texas.
- I love watching DIY shows.
- I don’t like to fly. People having nightmares who try to open doors in mid-flight, near crashes, engines quiting, windows popping out, electrical failures and the like don't agree with me. So I really have to want to go some where to even get on a plane.
- I love walking around barefoot! The first thing I take off when I walk through the door are my shoes ;-)
Now to the fun part, I’m passing the Kreativ Blogger Award along to seven other deserving artists - in no particular order. Please take a few minutes to visit their blogs and enjoy what they do so well.
- Dean Haven – Dean is a favorite artist of mine. He works in oil and his paintings will make your eyes dance following the light and texture throughout his paintings ! I love that he also places scripture at the end of his posts.
- Cindy Haase – Cindy works in pastels and fabric and produces some of the most fantastic art. Her blog is always informative, well thought out and inspiring as she weaves her creations throughout her posts.
- Saundra Lane – WOW – what can I say about Saundra? She is multi-talented and just oozes creativity. I found her blog not that long ago and just relish each post. She works mostly in acrylic and collage – something I find absolutely fascinating. Along the way in her blog Saundra allows us glimpses into her life making you feel like we are good friends just talking.
- Sara Winters – Another favorite! Sara is a self-taught Texas oil painter. Her paintings are stunningly beautiful. She uses a very limited palette of Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow Light and Titanium White. With just those few colors she produces some of the most beautiful pieces of art around.
- Holly Zemak – Holly has two blogs and works in pastels and oils. She paints the most adorable illustrative folk art cards with some featuring her favorite pet, a Welsh Corgi. Be sure to check them out – her art will make you smile.
- Dominque Eichi – Is another one of those artists that can paint in oil, water color, acrylics, draw with pen and ink and colored pencils and she also has two blogs. Multi-talented for sure! Very enjoyable.
- Regina Burchett – Another Texas artist. Whether it is pencil or pastel Regina produces wonderful art. Then throw in photography and writing her blog will keep you coming back for sure. Regina’s blog gives you great insight to her drawings and paintings with her posts – thoughtful and thought provoking. BTW - she is just as wonderful in person as in her blog.
These are just seven of the many artists I admire and enjoy – I hope you will visit their blogs and enjoy them as much as I do. Be sure to let them know that by posting comments – we all love that. Enjoy!
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.