Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cone Flowers - Original Pastel




Cone Flowers
5" x 7" (12.7cm x 17.8cm)
Pastels on Velour
$50 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US

E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.




I used one of Saundra Lane's photos that she posted on her blog this last week for us to use as we wish. Thanks Saundra!

I don't know why flowers are so difficult for me to paint - but they are - which means I should probably practice painting them more. Then there is that problem of not painting regularly and I fell really rusty right about now - guess that means I need to paint more often. I'm going to try that this week.
Titus 3:5
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit

5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Any difficulty you have painting flowers doesn't show. This is beautiful!

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks Jo that is good to know that my struggles are that obvious ;-) Thanks for stopping by.

Karen Hargett said...

. . .meant to say "aren't" that obvious:-/

Carolina said...

Yes, Karen, that's great for a rusty hand :)
I wish I could do something like this! It's a beautiful painting, it's so vibrant and full of life...
Best regards,
Carolina

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Carolina - thank you so much. Always good to hear from you.