Thursday, March 11, 2010

Broad-billed Hummingbird - Original ACEO Pastel


Broad-billed Hummingbird
2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (6.4cm x 8.9cm)
Pastels on Velour
$40 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.
Here is another entry for James Parker's challenge on his blog Windows to the Words - a Broad-billed hummingbird.  I don't get this particular little hummingbird in my neck of the woods - they range more south in Mexico and over to Arizona but I do get the Ruby-throated and the Black-chinned hummingbirds here in Central Texas.   It won't be long before they are back at the feeder - can't wait!

This is another ACEO card measuring 2.5" x 3.5".  I didn't get the detail that I like to get but it was fun to do.  Hope you like it too.


Deuteronomy 7:9 (New International Version)
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.

6 comments:

James Parker said...

A very nice little hummer, Karen..humming happily on WTTW Art... posted liked and slurping nectar.

Unknown said...

What the.... amazing detail on an art card. I could have sworn this was at least 8x6. I bow in the presence of greatness...

Jo Castillo said...

This is so beautiful in such a tiny space, too. Wow!

Karen Hargett said...

Thanks James - you have gotten some nice entries.

Sheila - you make me blush - thank you!

Hey Jo - thank you - it was almost too small for me to work how I like to work.

Carolina said...

It's beautiful, Karen :)

Unknown said...

Nice bird Karen, love those greens)