Friday, May 9, 2008

Still Restless!

I’m not sure I’m totally blocked but I haven’t been drawing as much as usual. I’m still taking photos for references and piddling with pastels but as I mentioned before I’m really restless with my art right now. Whatever I’m doing isn’t satisfying and filling that space within me that up until now has been happy and truly satisfied with what I was doing and learning. I have learned a lot over the last several years and my drawings and pastels have improved by leaps and bounds but there is something more I want to do, to learn, to stretch.

Lately I’ve been really surfing the web and reading other artists’ blogs and visiting their websites. It is inspiring and scary at the same time. There are so many wonderful artists out there and now with the internet there is so much to see and read right at my fingertips!

I’ve been obsessed with color since I found pastels and now I have a craving for texture too. What does that mean? I’m not sure – maybe it is the beginning of a growth spurt. Ha – I like that much better than thinking I’m being stagnant!

The journey continues. . .

No comments: