Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ghost Pumpkins - Original Pastel ACEO



Ghost Pumpkins - ACEO Card
2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (6.4cm x 8.9cm)
Pastel on Kitty Wallis
$45 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.


Ghost Pumpkins is my version of Karin Jurick's miniature white pumpkins she posted for Different Strokes from Different Folks on Wednesday. Be sure to check out her blog - it is fun to see how different artists paint the same thing and even more fun to participate.

This is my first attempt at an ACEO (Art Cards, Editions and Originals) card. It's a lot smaller than what I'm used to working on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". That's pretty small and I worked pretty loose - at least for me! It is also on Kitty Wallis paper, not my usual velour. It was quite a different feeling to work on. There is a lot of dust using the sanded paper but I do like some of the effects that you can't get on velour. I'm sure I'll try the paper again on something bigger.

To see more of my work please visit my website Karen Hargett Fine Art

4 comments:

SharonWrightArtist said...

Amazing! Love the colours.

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Sharon - thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like it.

Dianne Mize said...

My lord, that's TINY! And beautiful. Your shadows have a nice, lively glow. I love that little spash of green that echoes your signature.

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Dianne! Thank you! Signing something that small was a challenge - had to make it fit in with the painting somehow ;-)