Thursday, January 8, 2009

Indian Blanket Sky - Original Pastel

Here in Texas we don't have real seasonal changes - you know a definite fall, winter, spring and summer. I mean we can have them all within a 24 hour period, like we have lately, but unlike some parts of the country we just don't have the fabulous fall colors year after year.

We can have some beautiful springs with all the wildflowers but a year with good fall color is iffy. There is one thing that we have though that is absolutely beautiful and that is the most gorgeous sunsets and sunrises and those are year around.

This was a sunrise that I caught one morning as I was pulling out of my drive way to go to work. It reminded me of an Indian blanket with all the colors, purple, orange, yellow, red running across the sky. It was breathtaking!


Indian Blanket Sky
7" x 5" (17.8cm x 12.7cm)
Pastel on Velour
$75 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.




To see more of my work please visit my website Karen Hargett Fine Art

4 comments:

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Really nice piece, Karen - the sky looks like silk. Great sky!

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Regina - thanks so much. That is a good discription too of this sky - I'll have to keep that in mind for a name when I do another one ;-)

Unknown said...

Now we know what inspired the Native Americans to create such beautiful woven blankets.

The pastel is so serene and beautiful.

Karen Hargett said...

Toni I think you are absolutely right - the sky had to be their inspirations for their wonderful blankets.

The colors in this painting are pretty intense as they were that morning - but oddly enough it does seem rather serene.

I carry a small Nikon digital camera in my purse with me everywhere I go - I've been known to take pictures while I'm driving of the clouds and sky on my way to work :-O I'm sure people must think I'm crazy.