Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Charmed - I'm sure." Maine Coon Cat Finished


I've finished the Maine Coon cat. I'm really pleased with the way she turned out. I had to do a few adjustments on her right leg. It was too fat and her foot was too far forward. It was easy enough to fix by adding darker pastels underneath her foot and over the bottom of her toes. On the leg it was just a matter of making more shadows and darker hair around the edge of her leg. I added a few shadows on the surface of the tree stump and decided that was enough.

Naming a piece can be a whole lot of fun. Sometimes you have the name before you even start, other times it will come to you while you are drawing. I didn't have her name until I was brainstorming with my sister and we came up with "Charmed - I'm sure." I think it fits don't you?

If you would like to purchase this pastel please go to my website (if it isn't there today it should be in the next few days) at http://www.karenhargettfineart.com/ for pricing on the original and giclée prints.

No comments: